Here are my responses to Miss Medicina’s healing questionnaire…
- What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Elsen, Druid, Restoration.
- What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
Mainly ten mans, that’s where I feel most comfortable. I do heal some heroics, I should do more. I need the badges! I occasionally heal in 25 mans too.
- What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
Hmm. I love Wild Growth. I have it glyphed, and I love how I can depend on its ticks for a little bit of healing on lots of people. It works really well with rejuvenation.
- What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
I barely ever use healing touch, only in a “oh shit he’s going to die!” moment, and then only with Nature’s Swiftness. I find the cast time too long and if I do ever cast it without N.S. I find myself itching to move, get it done, progress.
- What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
I think my HoTs. My ability to have a little bit of healing on every single person to soak up that damage, especially in ten mans where I can have everyone in the raid topped up at all times. The fact I can also top someone up with a nourish or a regrowth is also useful.
- What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
Hmm. I think it’s actually a tendency to be pigeon holed into being something. Pigeon holed into being a rejuvenation spam bot, for example.
- In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
I actually always end up settling into raid healing and feel most comfortable doing that, although sometimes I do like the buzz of tank healing.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
I love healing with another resto druid. Mainly because I don’t raid with one at all and it’s really nice to see what others do. On the otherhand, I also like healing with a disc priest. I find their shield thingies fascinating.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Paladins. They’re just so BIG and so POWERFUL I almost feel utterly pointless because every single thing I cast is overwritten by some massive heal, making me effectively useless.
- What is your worst habit as a healer?
I use Wild Growth all the time in heroics, which is pointless as it drains mana and rejuv would do the job for longer and probably better. It’s just because I’m lazy really.
- What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
“I’m gonna die!” – I know. I’m trying my best. I’m not sat on my arse WATCHING your health bar go down. “omg why didnt you heal me?” from PuG DPS who run in and pull a group before the tanks even ready. Doesn’t happen as much now but it’s still irritating. And a full group wipe, waiting for the healers to rez you, you lazy dps lay on the floor. Get up.
- Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
Sometimes. I feel self conscious about my seemingly unstoppable overheal, and I feel self conscious about being overwritten by paladins at all times. But that’s more me personally as a person, not my class.
- What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
When I raided with a more “hardcore” guild I used to use WWS reports and occasionally WoWCardio Raid. I wish I had a better understanding of recount really. And I do agree that if nobody’s dead, surely that’s a start.
- What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
“Has to be a raid healer.”
- What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
Getting your haste right. I still haven’t. Coming to terms with the fact that you’ll never look nice, you’ll always be a tree. No, seriously though. Getting used to spotting when HoTs are good, not overwriting your own rejuvenations before necessary as well.
- If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Lots of overhealing as my ticks are insane. In comparison to pallys. very low healing output. But incomparison to priests and shamans, slightly higher.
- Haste or Crit and why?
In comparison to other druids, I personally crave more haste. I’m gemmed completely for haste. I need enough to be able to get as close to my 1 second GCD as possible, to make a rolling rotation of 5 rejuvs and a wild growth.
- What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Disc Priests. And also, priests that have that light well thingy. I don’t even know what that does.
- What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
I have Decursive, Pitbull for my frames and Clique, mainly. I am tempted to integrate my decursing into Pitbull as I noticed while healing Yogg I was haviogn to move my mouse a fair amount, which slowed me down.
- Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
I usually try and keep my spellpower high, and grab gear with haste on it. Unfortunately recent drops have been crit heavy so I am attempting to rectify that with badge gear and hopefully will rectify it further when Citadel comes out with Patch 3.3.