As most people will know, old content is a biggie for me. I love it. I love it for several reasons:
- I like achievements.
- I like seeing old stuff
- I like blasting through and destroying bosses
- I like rare drops, pets, mounts, patterns, collecting and gear.
I also like old content for these reasons:
- I love Open Raid and the way I can bring 25 people together
- I like the fact I am known for providing a good atmosphere and fun raids
- I like the fact I can see people coming out of their shells. As we have a core group who are on a first name, friendly basis, and more people attend regularly and come to regular raids, they too begin to use first names, to be more vocal on mumble, to chat more and joke more.
- I like seeing the excitement of people who haven’t got to see content at it’s equivalent level. It doesn’t MATTER if you faceroll through something. You get to see it, and enjoy it, and embark on it and explore it. You still get to get killed by percentage based mechanics! Some things will always one shot a person, that’s what they’re meant to do. The fire in Mimiron might not hurt when you push that big red button but it’s still one hell of a lot of fire!!!
- I like getting other people achievements and like seeing them happy.
Nothing is more fun than one of our good time raids on a Friday night when people are having a drink and a giggle, streaming us or frapsing, laughing at our mistakes, cheering over kills, ooh-ing and aah-ing over rare drops and giggling over accidentally getting people killed or when someone accidentally gets themselves stuck on the edge of a platform. (LOOKING AT YOU, GROMBLE).
So, it’s nearly Mists of Pandaria. And a lot of my regular attenders are asking me, what are the plans?
So! Here they are.
Launch date: 25th September.
There will be no old content for the month of October. This gives us one month to level, enjoy levelling, gear up, play around, see what’s there.
Then, things will kick off again on October 26th. My plan is to take a 10 man group in to Throne of the Four Winds Heroic and see how it goes. If we can smash our way through things without much difficulty then things will proceed as follows:
- Raid nights with a clear of Heroic BWD & Heroic BoT
- Raid nights with achievements for BWD & BoT
- Raid nights with achievements for Firelands
- Raid nights with heroics for Firelands
- Raid nights with achievements for Dragon Soul
- Raid nights with heroics for Dragon Soul
- Raid night clears of Ulduar, ICC, ToGC, Naxx etc – but less regularly.
By the time we reach the end of the Christmas break, I aim to have full meta achievements and drakes for all of my “core” team. Ie, those that attend regularly and whatnot.
Then there is the question of legendaries.
We’ve been working on a Val’anyr for a while, but there are other legendaries to work on. I expect when we DO finish this val’anyr we will leave Ulduar for a good 6 months as we’ve all had enough of it! But, in the works I have:
- 1 Val’anyr – in progress
- 2 Shadowmournes – in progress. Both on shards.
- 1 Dragonwrath – not started. This is mainly something we want to work towards to get a guild member one for Jane Doe.
- 1 Legendary Dagger set – not started. I don’t have a rogue in my core group of people. I need to either find one, or one of us needs to re roll to one!
Other than that,
- 1 Val’anyr – not started. For me, one day. I would like one.
If there are any rogues out there, or even any casters, who are interested in joining us regularly – give me a shout! We are EU based and the caster would be willing to, you know. Be in Jane Doe.