Ooo it’s a long time since I started my bucket list so I thought maybe now would be a good time to do an update!
My General goals were:
Have 9 level 85s – I’m now quite comfortably progressing with this. I’ve got 8 level 85s (having dinged my second priest) and I’ve got my mage up to 65. My second druid is still languishing at 41 however.
Have all professions maxed out – this goal is complete!
Have experienced all Horde starting stories – I’ve changed this to level 30 after talking to the ever knowledgeable Rades about horde quest progression. I’ve got my blood elf warrior to 30, where she now stays, and my goblin hunter to 17.
Have 50k gold – sitting on just over 40k now. Whether I’ll hit 50 for mists or not is an unknown, but I’d like to.
Next we’ve got Elsen, my main.
Always my main, always will be, Elsen is of course the most important character in my roster. She will be the first picked up and levelled when Mists is released.
My goals for her pre-Mists are:
- have the most achievement points in guild – currently sitting in second, I have about 400 points to go to catch up on the leader. A secondary – highly unlikely – goal would be to hit 13,000 achievement points. - this isn’t going as well as hoped! I’ve actually been overtaken and am sitting in third now, still static at about 400 points behind the leader. I’m aiming instead for 13000 points, rather than guild first.
- complete my Cataclysmic PvP set – although this will not be 100% possible because I doubt I’m going to hit 2200 to get the heroic versions. Just the basic S11 to the extent I can achieve it will do me. I’m going alright on this. I’m missing belt, boots, trinkets, 1 ring and a neck – so well on the way to completion.
- hit 1550 in 2v2 - as I no longer do arena, it’s looking like all of these arena goals are unlikely, so I’ve scratched them off the list.
- hit 1550 in 3v3
- complete the total Master of Wintergrasp achievement – I’m just missing the 6 minute win and the generic wins. - I went through a phase of making an effort to log for WG but that has slacked off again. It’s tedious and I forget to log in, basically. I could probably do with picking up an add on that triggers a timer.
- complete the total Master of Tol Barad achievement – Here just got a couple of easy enough achievements and then the Veteran to do. as above, I could knock this one out in a month if I tried. I really should make the effort.
- Max out my Steamwheedle Cartel reputation. I’m sitting at revered with all of them, so time to start grinding some pirates! - not really had any progression on the pirates so still at revered.
- Max out my Hydraxian Waterlords reputation - managed this! Hit exalted last week and got my Sulfuras at the same time. Very satisfying I have to say.
- mop up and complete the entirety of the Wrath of the Lich King raiding achievements in that tab. - I inch ever closer to this all the time. I’ve got LK 25 HC now and my ICC meta, I just need a couple of odd Ulduar 25 achievements and then it’s mostly ten man.
- try my best to finish Salty - I never fish. I’m lazy and I slack terribly.
- grab Earth, Wind & Fire on 10 man - still not even *looked* at this although I may suggest it to our RL for a nice evening finish one night in a normal raid *hint hint*
- net 25,000 Honor Kills – Sitting on 13k at the moment, I have’t PvPed much recently as my time has been spent on my alts. Not sure if 25k is achievable pre Mists or not.
- net 25,000 Valor Points - sorted – picked this up early January.
- try and grab as many PvP achievements as possible (ambiguous I know!) - as above, my PvP has been lacking recently.
- finish up LK 5 man tab, and Cata 5 man tab - got some plans in the works to go back through and clear out some of these, so hoping to get this done over the next month or so.
- finish off the Battered Hilt questline & enough tokens for the Argent Pony. - I am currently in the process of bribing my friends to come help me with this. I really should get on it.
Pets & Mounts:
- farm up to 175 pets if possible (166 at the moment) - currently sitting on 171 pets so very close! I got my last missing crocolisk the other day from the daily, and one more DMF pet. My last four will probably be made up of the Darkmoon Zeppelin (last I need to get all DMF pets), Legs (Children’s Week), the Gregarious Grell (TCG) and then either the Gundrak Hatchling or the Festival Lantern (the horde side Lunar Festival pet). Once I’ve got those everything else is a “grind” and therefore unlikely to be undertaken by me because I am lazy.
- farm up to 125 mounts if possible (116 at the moment) – I’ve passed this goal! I’m now sitting on 132 mounts. I’m not going to set a new goal pre-Cata, I’ve got more than enough.
Finally we have the alts
I had a bit of an LFR burnout and stopped running it, which means all of my level 85s are pretty much static where they were left.
This point forward:
I need a bit of a plan of attack from this point forward. This is (in this order of priority, providing me with a nice handy list to tick off):
- Get my mage to 85, get my druid to 85
Horde Level 30s
- Goblin to 30, Orc to 30, Tauren to 30, Troll to 30, Undead to 30
- Sapphrina “finished” (transmogged with appropriate title), Baeletha finished, Nyoma finished, Ellenaie finished, Corin finished, Issabela finished, Yessika finished.
- achievements, pets, et al.
So, I think I’ve made quite a decent bit of progress but there’s still LOTs to do. I need to get on the mage and push her to 85 and then get on my horde really. How is everyone else handling their Cataclysm bucket lists?